Thursday 3 October 2013

I think i found my new favourite movie that can be put on my "Top 10 favourite movies" list!
And it seems it's the movie (like "The Proposal") that I can watch over and over and over again and not be bored! 
Who would have thought that after the Twilight Saga, which I really did not care for, Stephenie Meyer made another movie that is smarter, thrilling, poignant, and for sure BETTER then all the Twilight movies combined.
Well done Stephenie on this one. - Showing (through the caracters) that caring and thinking outside of the box (and not believing, realizing that not everything your people are telling you to be true is the truth), putting yourself in other people's shoes and thinking with your head (and heart), really saves lives and does not create more hate and destruction. I love it! Compassion!

 

So, I could not help but compare "The Host" to my other dear movie "Avatar." One has alien species overtaking our bodies with an intent of perfecting us and making us more loving and peaceful (which, oh gosh, we need so desperately). The other, has us -  humans with our violent selves, attacking an alien species (again peaceful and loving) to take what is the most precious to them, for our own benefit, just because we thing we can.
In any case, the aliens are the good guys it seems. They are more rational. However, just because someone (alien, human, person) think they are right in what they are doing, does not mean they really are. 

What ever the case may be, I love this movie because it gives hope that living together with anyone is really possible if we are willing to change and accept others the way they are! Despite what others may think or say.

And also, well done to Saoirse Ronan who did a wonderful job playing the Wonderer/Wanda and Melodie. Her acting is really superb. She was the character, it was that believable. Who would have guessed she's from Ireland with that American accent she had in the movie.

Also, I would recommend watching her other movie(s), "Hanna."



Saoirse Ronan as Wanderer/Wanda/Melodie



2 comments:

  1. I love this movie!! And it's been one of my favorite books for years so I'm glad they did a good job with it :) I still like the book better (I usually do...) but the movie was amazing too. I like your comparison of it and Avatar - I never would have thought of that! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the comparison KT. I like both movies. I will be posting more thoughts and compariosons on movies/books. I AM BACK blogging!! :D :D :D

      Delete